Sunshine, Lollipops, and Rainbows...

You know the song. That irritatingly sweet song by Leslie Gore from 1965. Well, that got stuck in my head the other day.

But not the whole thing. Nooo. That would be too much to ask.

No, my brain just kept repeating: "Sunshine, Lollipops, and Rainbows...Sunshine, Lollipops, and Rainbows...Sunshine, Lollipops, and Rainbows...."

Over and over and over again.

For hours.

And hours.

I tried the normal tricks of listening to it all the way through (which was torture, let me tell you) and listening to something else entirely. But it just wasn't working. So I tried something new. I sat down and drew it. And because it was repeating over and over, I made it a repeating pattern.

You know what? It worked! It ruddy well worked. But the time I had finished, even my brain was sick of sunshine, lollipops and rainbows. I had peace and quite up there. Well, for at least 10 minutes, then 'The Bed Intruder' song popped in there and I was gone again. Damn you Antoine Dodson!

Anyway, here is what resulted from the Sunshine, Lollipops, and Rainbows escapade. So sickly sweet, you'll get a sugar rush!





Click on any of the images above to see the full range of "Sun, Lolly, Rainbow" products available at Lee Lee and the Bee

Remember, all the products are completely customizable. You just need to hit the yellow 'CUSTOMIZE IT' button when you reach the product page to add your own text or images, to change the background colours or to start from scratch! Have fun and make it uniquely yours!



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
*You may share the work, but you must attribute this work to me and link to the product/post, and/or to my blog Lee Lee and the Bee
*You MAY NOT use this work for ANY commercial purposes excluding earning affiliate commissions (where applicable) through linking back to a product offered on selected websites with affiliate programs.
*You MAY NOT alter, transform or build upon any part of this work, unless customizing a product prior to purchase on any of the websites where this design/work is offered for sale.
*To contact the artist regarding purchasing exclusive rights to this image/design, or for more information, please use the contact form at my blog Lee Lee and the Bee


4 comments:

  1. Hey there. I used your image in a blog post, and you asked me to credit it to you.

    I credited it to your name, hyperlinked to this page. I hope it's okay like that. Please let me know if you'd like it done differently.

    http://istanbuls-stranger.blogspot.com/2013/03/happy-birthday-neighbor.html

    And thanks for the heads up. Also for the cool image. And I totally have the song stuck in my head all over again.

    Cheers.
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Thanks so much for the quick response and action. It's lovely to know there are people out there who will instantly extend the branch of attribution :)

      Thanks for liking the image enough to use it and for the kind words as well. It's always nice to hear when someone digs my stuff.

      Delete
  2. I, too, used the image (which I am now unable to find on Google Images) and have posted the link on my blog. People are still finding their way to that old post by searching for "Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows".

    Just wondering if the image is now copyrighted? Because when I found it, it was not.
    Now, at least, the ones who find your art via my blogpost will see your name credited.

    Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jenny, thanks again for the attribution and for getting back to me. Like I said on G+, and as you can see, it wasn't only you that used the image and mistakenly forgot to credit it properly. But I'm super thankful that you did and that you have gotten in touch to let me know.

      To be honest, I posted this work before I really knew much about the quagmire that is intellectual property rights/copyright/licencing etc. I had only just started out trying to sell the silly pictures I make online and was perhaps a little naive about what it means to post your artwork in a publicly accessible space. I just expected that people would know that the work was mine and they would link to me. I've since learned that unfortunately that is not always the case. So after discovering that this image was so well liked and used across the internet, I have now added my standard CC licence terms to it (as you can see in the edited post here)

      Luckily there are lovely people like you, who once they are informed about it are more than accomodating. And that is so fantastic to know :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...